Book 1 (Sept) – Listen and Learn
- Teaches what listening is, how to listen, and why listening is important.
- Talks about ways to listen in a positive manner and what to do when someone doesn’t listen to you.
Book 2 (Oct) – Join In and Play
- Teaches children how to play – what are the rule, how to get along, being a good sport, and cooperation.
- Talks about being a friend, making a friend, and playing together.
Book 3 (Nov) – Talk and Work It Out
- Focuses on peaceful conflict resolution.
- Gives children specific tools to use to aid in peaceful conflict resolution, including calming oneself, verbalizing the problem, listening to understand, solving the problem, and choosing the best plan.
- Teaches how to accept and respect each other’s position.
Book 4 (Dec/Jan) – Cool Down and Work Through Anger
- Teaches children to recognize feelings of anger.
- Helps children learn that it is okay to feel angry— but not okay to hurt anyone with actions or words.
- Focuses on skills for anger management: self-calming, thinking, getting help from a trusted person, talking and listening, apologizing, being patient, and viewing others positively.
Book 5 (Feb) – Understand and Care
- Focuses on explaining empathy to children.
- Understanding how another person feels is an important social skill that will allow children to show respect and caring for others.